Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm Going to Colombia



I recently decided to go on a mission trip to Colombia with Global Expeditions!

I’m excited about this trip, because Global Expeditions is committed to equipping me to be effective in reaching out to others in Colombia, while also challenging me to become more aware of the needs of others in my own community. I cannot think of a better way to spend my time than sharing the Gospel with others and allowing God to change my own heart and life in the process!

Last semester I went to the prayer room and God spoke to me there. He told me that He has Chosen me to go to Colombia this spring and He gave me the verse Isaiah 42:1.

WHY Colombia??
Bogota, the main economic center of Colombia and one of the largest cities in the world, was torn apart by drug cartels and left for waste. Now huge sections of the city are overrun by extreme poverty and struggling to recover from government dominance and the effects of widespread drug trafficking. This nation needs to hear about the restoring and redeeming power of God. For this project, we’re looking for young adults ready for hard work and committed to giving everything for the Cause. Working in the poorest areas, this team will work with full time missionaries to provide food, give away clothes, and facilitate children’s ministry.

The total cost of this trip is $2300 and covers everything once I arrive in Colombia. During the next several weeks I will be working very hard to raise the funds to go and I wanted to begin by asking you to be part of this mission trip with me by helping with finances. My trip starts on May 18 and I’ll be back home on May 25.

Any amount you give will be greatly appreciated, and because Teen Mania’s Global Expeditions is a registered non-profit, your donations will be tax deductible!

If you’d like to support me, you can go online yo www.globalexpeditions.com/donate using my Missionary ID# 2498841 Your support is a key part of the incredible ministry I know will happen in Colombia! If you have any questions you can call me at 407-708-8861 or a Global Expeditions representative at 1.866.545.6239.


My goal is to have $1400 raised by April 8th, so thank you for your consideration. Your prayer and encouragement will also be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment