11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” 12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
~Exodus 3:11-14
Recently I was going through an application and interview process for a position at the Honor Academy called a Core Advisor, but I didn't get accepted for the position I know that God has called me to do this, but I didn't get the position, so I kept saying to myself, who am I that I even thought I could get this position? And I realized that all the feelings I felt was basically Am I Enough? or Am I Worthy? I went to the prayer room and just started talking to God, I said God am I enough? Am I worthy? Who do you say I am? He wasn't really answering, so my mind started to fill in the blanks of what I would imagine God would say, I am beautiful, I am loved, ect... But then I just thought No, that's not you God, I know that's not you because that is not what I need to hear right now and you know exactly what I need to hear right now. So I started thinking of scriptures but nothing was coming to me, then I said to God, Answer me, I need you to talk to me now, silence is not acceptable right now, Who am I that I even thought that I should be a core advisor, or that you should even talk to me. After I said that, I instantly thought of Exodus 3:11 Where Moses says, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" And I realized, this is exactly how I am feeling, Moses is saying am I worthy to do this, am I enough? So I flipped to Exodus to find the answer God gives to Moses' question. God says " I will be with you. And this will be a sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain." After I read this I thought What the heck God, that doesn't answer the question. No, I know your character, you didn't leave Him without an answer, you answered his question somehow.So I kept reading to find the answer, Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” I realized that not only did God just answer Moses' question, He also answered Moses' first question. Moses says Who am I, But God says I AM. Moses says am I worthy, But God says, I AM Worthy. Moses says am I enough, but God says I AM Enough. Moses says “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” but in verse 8 God says, "I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey" Moses Keeps saying Who am I but God says you're NOT, I AM. I realized It's not about me, nothing is about me. Humility is not about thinking less of yourself, It's about thinking of yourself less. Moses was thinking less of Himself, but God was saying to him, it's not even about you, He said you're not, I AM. I AM working out the details, I AM enough. The only thing you are doing is obeying, I AM speaking, I AM BRINGING THE ISRAELITES OUT OF EGYPT.
SO GOOD! I love you.
ReplyDelete